Every great work of art has a great story behind it. Get a true Vatican Insider’s point of view on this Skip the Line, Small Group Vatican Tour. You’ll cover all of the top sights of the Vatican at a relaxed pace.
Meet your Vatican Guide for check at your chosen depareture time. You’ll get to know your small group of 10 or less before entering the Vatican Museums – skipping the lines. With such small groups, logistics are kept to a bare minimum and before you know it you’ll be exploring the Vatican’s many masterpieces.
This is no ordinary Vatican tour. Your itinerary has been personally crafted to take in the stories, history, legends and even secrets behind the Museum’s most precious works. With your expert English-speaking Vatican guide leading the way – you’re tour will take full advantage of all the wonders the Vatican Museums have to offer. Toward’s the end of your visit, enter the Sistine Chapel – your guide will prepare you to admire Michelangelo’s greatest masterpiece.
Your insider guide will optimize your visit on the day of your tour – but you can be sure to see the Vatican Museum’s most important highlights. In fact, this is a perfect tour for first timers to the Vatican.
A typical small group vatican tour will cover the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel, including but not limited to: Pinecone Courtyard, Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, Greek Cross Room, Candelabra Gallery, Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Maps.
Itineraries vary from day to day and at the discretion of your guide who will adapt your route.
This itinerary covers the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel, including but not limited to: Pinecone Courtyard, Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, Greek Cross Room, Candelabra Gallery, Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Maps.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Large bags and backpacks must be checked in.
- To enter the Vatican Museums, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- We are unfortunately unable to accomodate guests with wheelchairs.
- Guests must be able to climb and descend stairs on their own.
- You must provide a "Reinforced Green Pass" or equivalent to enter the Vatican Museums, attesting a completed vaccination cycle or recovery from COVID.
- If you have a body temperature above 37.5° C (= 99.5° F) you will be prohibited from entering. Your temperature will be taken at the entrance by Vatican staff.
- The use of a FFP2 mask covering mouth and nose is mandatory during the entirety of your stay inside the museums. No other types of mask are permitted.
- You must bring your own mask.
- It is necessary to maintain an interpersonal distance of over 1 meter.
What to Bring
- Your camera! Photography is allowed everywhere except the Sistine Chapel.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Your Vatican Tour may be cancelled for a full refund or may be switched to a different date/time as long as your request is received no later than 24 hours before your original departure time and date. Multiple changes are permitted. To request a cancellation or change of time/date, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Entrance to the Vatican Museums